Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Legend of the Bitterroot

My 3rd grade classes are just beginning a unit on the Salish. I somehow hadn't seen theJohnny Arleebook aboutthe Bitterroot legend, so I intend to share this with the kids immediately. Until I get a print copy, it's great to have the book published in digital format. I also love an ebook, because i can use my digital projector so the whole class can read together and admire the illustrations.
I only have them for half an hour each week, so my lessons have to be "fast and furious". I thought it would be neat to have the students make a Bitterroot plant model to "fix the story" in their minds. Online, I found a coloring page, but no actual ideas for creating a model. I am thinking that I could do something with pipe cleaners and tissue paper, perhaps making the tuber with layers of masking tape???

No comments:

Post a Comment